An autoimmune disorder occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys healthy body tissue by mistake. And an allergic disorder occurs due to overt reaction (i.e. hypersenstivity reaction ) of immune system. It shows both type of disease related with immune system of our body , the only difference in the severity of reaction. that’s why i have placed allergic disorder along with autoimmune diseases.
Exactly immune system protects our body from disease and infection. But when we have autoimmune disease, our immune system does not distinguish between healthy cells or our own body cells and outer agent like bacteria, viruses. As a result it destroys or affects our body cells, tissues or organs in may ways. Autoimmune diseases can affect many parts of the body.
An autoimmune disorder may result in:
- The destruction of body tissue or organs
- Abnormal growth of an organ, tissue or cells
- Changes in organ function
Symptoms will vary based on the type and location of the faulty immune response. But the classical sign (it almost present in every patient) and symptom of an autoimmune disease is
Common autoimmune diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile arthritis
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Rheumatic fever
- Lichen planus
- Alopecia areata
- systemic lupus erythematosus (S.L.E)
- Addison’s disease
- Antiglomerular membrane nephritis (CKD)
- Celiac disease – sprue (gluten-sensitive enteropathy)
- Grave’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenis gravis
- Pernicious anemia
- Aplastic anemia
- Thrombocytopenic purpura
- Autoimmune haemolytic anaemia
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- restless leg syndrome
- meniere’s disease
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- raynaud’s phenomena
- atopic allergy
- contact dermatitis
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- IgA Nephropathy (ckd)
- irritable bowel syndrome
Treatment and homoeopathy
- Corticosteroid or immunosuppressive treatment is given to manage the sign and symptom of disease
- Autoimmune disorder is a bodily disease means it produced by your own body.
- Homoeopathic medicine acts with balancing of your internal body mechanism (Immune system), therefore it is quite suitable and highly recommended mode of treatment in these disorders.
- Although acute flare-ups occur due to allergic response, so there might be need to manage acute flare up with steroidal treatment.
- Homoeopathic medicine + diet + life style changes — will give curative response