Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being. A sound mind in a sound body has been recognized as a social ideal for many centuries. It is very difficult to make a clear cut idea for sound mental health but there are few characteristics of a mentally healthy person
- He feels comfortable about himself, on account of security and adequacy
- He neither underestimates nor overestimates his own ability
- He should be social; this means he is able to be interested in others and to love them
- He is able to like and trust others
- He has satisfactory and long lasting friendship
- He is able meet the demands of life
Psychiatry is a vast subject; therefore we divided psychiatric diseases into 5 categories
- Manic depressive psychoses
- Neurotic or psychoneurotic
- Personality and character disorder
Homoeopathy has promising role in managing and cure of psychiatric diseases.
The reason of psychiatric illness
Psychiatric diseases arises from the joint effect of genetic or hereditary (constitutional) and social or environmental effect. Some cases are also due to the organic disease of brain.
Genetic or hereditary (constitutional) reasons –
The children of psychiatric ill parents have more chance to develop the psychiatric diseases.
The personality and character of a person is also hereditary and leads personality and character disorder.
Social and environmental causes – these are very important factors for causing or initiating the psychiatric diseases. Few examples are-
Worries, anxieties, emotional stress, frustration from job, unsatisfactory marriage, parental discord, loss of ambition, sudden death of loved ones, parental or school pressure to achieve a goal,
Homoeopathy and psychiatry
Homoeopathic prescription is based on
- Constitutional manifestation i.e. hereditary or genetic manifestation
- Social and environmental causes and
- Physical complains
Therefore homoeopathic treatment is best for managing and treating the psychiatric and sexual diseases.