Behavioral disorders are the most common reasons that parents are told to take their kids for mental health assessments and treatment. Behavioral disorders are also common in adults.
Behavioral disorders are divided into 5 categories
- Disruptive- it includes hyperactive behavior, oppositional behavior, aggressive and disobedient
- Anxious- child shows clinginess, fearfulness, shyness, worry and sleep problems
- Social deficit- child playing alone, shyness, avoidant behavior, language problem, relationship difficulty
- Developmental deficit- child may be deficit in language, motor function, milestones.
- Moody- child is moody and show irritability, happiness, sadness , avoidant behavior
An emotional behavioral disorder affects a person’s ability to be happy, control their emotions and pay attention in school. symptoms of an emotional behavioral disorder include:
- Inappropriate actions or emotions under normal circumstances
- Learning difficulties that are not caused by another health factor
- Difficulty with interpersonal relationships, including relationships with teachers and peers
- A general feeling of unhappiness or depression
- Feelings of fear and anxiety related to personal or school matters
- Easily getting annoyed or nervous
- Often appearing angry
- Putting blame on others
- Refusing to follow rules or questioning authority
- Arguing and throwing temper tantrums
- Having difficulty in handling frustration
A behavioral disorder can have a variety of causes but the exact reason is still not known.
The abnormal behavior that is usually associated with these disorders can be due to biological, family and school-related factors.
Some biological causes may include:
- Physical illness or disability
- Brain damage
- Genetic or constitutional factor
- Behavioral disorder restrict the person to develop physically, socially, mentally and economically.
- Although I said nature can’t be changed but behavioral disorders are not true nature. This comes due to neurochemical disturbance because of social, nutritional or genetic or constitutional factor.
- Homoeopathic medicine can change this overt behavior. It is recommended for it.
- Homoeopathic medicine + diet + lifestyle change + psychotherapy can lead a response in these troublesome cases.